background

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tune in Tuesday (6): 80s Edition Redux

Tune in Tuesdays is hosted by Ginger at GReads to help spread the love of music!  I hope you enjoy and perhaps it will take you back.


That's right folks.  I am torturing you with a second week of my throw back to the 80s.  Blame my brother for my music tastes!  Some of the following tunes I can remember waking up to and listening to while getting ready to head off to school.  

Starship: We Built This City

Fleetwood Mac: Everywhere

The Bangles: Manic Monday

Nena: 99 Red Balloons (English version)

Do you have any songs that remind you of going to school or that you listen now while you're getting ready to head out the door to class?
Thanks for tuning in!




9 comments:

  1. 99 red balloons- I drove people crazy listening to that song over and over....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like 80s music, great picks! (although, I didn't push play on Manic Monday, I'm against listening to it unless it really is Monday...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 99 Red Balloons! That is one of my favourite songs from childhood! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. We would call the radio station and beg the DJ to play 'Take on Me' by Ah Ha over and over! (It was a little before out time, but we were total classicists!) I can remember my sister's ex-boyfriend listening to Outkast's 'Miss Jackson' when he pulled in the driveway for school. Ooooh!

    Love your mix!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Liz - I still have Take on Me on my iPod. Duran Duran, a ha, Information Society, Tears for Fears, and I know I'm missing something..DEPECHE MODE!
    Love all those :) I could do 80s for an entire month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some of my favorite 80's tunes!! Nice picks, Marissa! Lovin' iiiiiiiit :)

    My Tune in Tuesday pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fleetwood Mac! :) That's all I have to say. Lol

    ReplyDelete